Translate

1.22.2008

Great Googley Moogley

Guess I gotta go buy a house now. Drop anything almost a whole percentage point and the economy is fixed. . . once I buy a house. Or something like that.

Been laid up a bit with typical ankle and ka-nee BS. Seems like every time I hit the gym the darn thing hits back. However, limping provides a stout reminder of one of the reasons I took this job. Flexibility. Of course I'm not speaking of my personal, physical flexibility but rather the fact that when I'm hurtin' I work from home. Simple as that. No inquisition, just trust.

Don't really have anything that I wanted to write about. Was gonna upload some pictures onto Flickr but the ol' company laptop is fighting me at every turn. Apparently uploading a photo of my brothers looking stupid doesn't comply with company policy. Turns out that the failure is okay cause most of the pictures were nothin' write home about. . . which is sort of what I'm doing I guess.

Well, I'm keeping busy. Gonna put the Serenade of the Seas into dry dock on February 11th and there's a whole lot of work to do between now and then. I guess for lack of any better ideas I'll give up my tentative traveling work schedule for the winter and spring. The start and end date on each of these is highly flexible. . . put it this way, I ain't exactly booked any flights yet.

February 11 thru March 5 -- Serenade of the Seas in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
March 27 thru April 9 -- Independence of the Seas (New Build) in Turku, Finland
April 10 thru April 29 -- Celebrity Summit in Brest, France
And possibly;
April 30 thru May 17 -- Brilliance of the Seas in Hamburg, Germany

The Serenade and the Summit are my jobs. I'll be on the Independence just to learn the process of a new build so I can help manage the Genesis class in 2009. I doubt I'll work the Brilliance but it's a possibility since I'll already be in Europe.

I guess I can add my fall schedule too since it won't take too long.
November 15 thru December 3 -- Celebrity Infinity in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

Guess I won't be home for Thanksgiving.
Hope everyone is taking good care of themselves.

No comments: